- Course Work
- Faculty Profile
- Placement and Training
- Guest lecture
- Work Shops
- Annual Management
- CII-Young Indian
Kathir School of Management
Kathir School of Management, a part of the Kathir College of Engineering, offers two years master degree in business administration (MBA) programme, affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by AICTE, New Delhi. The department has highly qualified and dedicated team of faculty members drawn from the industries and academia, aiming to provide holistic business education.
MBA Programme (2 years)
The two year full time programme consists of four semesters, each semester having duration of six months. The programme is designed in such a way that it enhances the skills of the future managers for creating values in the dynamic business environment and inculcates a commitment to team work and enthusiasm to achieve. The students are expected to choose any two domains and are to select any three subjects from each of the chosen domain. Specialization is offered in the major areas such as
Human Resource Management focusing on
- Managerial Behavior and Effectiveness
- Organizational Theory Design & Development
- Industrial Relations & Labour Welfare
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Labour Legislations
- Strategic Human Resource Management &Development
Finance leading to specialization on
- Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
- Merchant Banking and Financial Services
- International Trade Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Derivatives Management
- Strategic Investment and Financing Decisions
Marketing specialization in the area of
- Brand Management
- Services marketing
- Retail Management
- Advertising & Sales Promotion
- Consumer Behaviour
- Customer Relationship Management
Systems focusing on
- Database Management System
- E-Commerce Technology and Management
- Enterprise Resources Planning
Operations in the area of
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Product Design
- Services Operations Management
The course work has been designed to evaluate the students continuously and to analyze their performance in academics, co-curricular, in plant training, individual and group project works. The assessment procedure includes evaluation of the student’s performance in computer proficiency, case analysis, group discussions, analytical assignments and seminars apart from the tests and end semester examinations.
The extension activity includes industrial visits, experiential training, seminars, conferences and workshops, quiz etc.
The department also undertakes the conduct of EDP and MDP programmes for the faculties and for the corporate.
Management Association: In order to sharpen the leadership qualities and organizing abilities of the students, the management association conducts an annual inter collegiate meet Jefess. The Management association brings out the news letter to explore the writing and editorial skills of the students and faculty members.
- ICT enabled and ergonomically designed class rooms
- Wi-Fi internet connection throughout the campus
- A/C Seminar Hall with multimedia projection system, Video conferencing, smart board
- Learning Resource centre which has work stations, department library, discussion rooms with ICT facilities
- Communication and Computer lab with advanced hard and software facilities
Kathir School of Management has a team of highly experienced faculty members who are among the best in the field of management. Some of them have had a long and successful stint in the industry and academics, which is an integral component of their pedagogy. They bring their vast experience to the classroom providing greater depth to the learning process.
Placement and Training
The department has an active placement and training wing. It helps in enhancing the employability of the students by providing them an opportunity to update their domain knowledge. The Placement wing on its own and through external agencies conducts regular soft skill training.
- A guest lecture on “An insight into financial services” was held on 1st September 2011, Mr. Varun Girilal E.D Mitraz Financial Services Bangalore was the key note speaker.
- A guest lecture on Monetary and Fiscal policies was held on 3rd November 2011,Dr. L.P Swamynathan Professor (Retd) Agriculture Economics TNAU was the resource person.
- A guest lecture on Six Sigma was held on 22nd November 2011. Dr. R Radhakrishnan, Reader I Statistics, PSGCAS was the resource person.
- A work shop on contemporary ad future trends in advertising was held on 14th October, Mr.Senthil and Mr. Bojan Venkateshwara Assitant Professor, Department of electronic Media, PSG CAS was the resource person.
- A workshop on SPSS was held on 11/04/2012. Dr. M. Raju, M.A., M. Phil, PhD., Prof, PG & Research Department of Economics, Gobi College of Arts and Science was the resource person.
- 2011 intake-The department organized free coaching classes for MBA aspirants on 13th 14th and 15th of February 2012. Around 107 students from more than 10 colleges attended the programme.
- 2012 intake- CMAT a free coaching class was organized in which more than 250 students from 10 colleges in around Coimbatore participated.
- The department organized an Orientation Programme on placement for the Engineering students of the college on 1st, 2nd and 3rd December 2011. The department faculty members were the resource person.
Annual Management Meet JEFESS’12
The department organizes every year a management meet “JEFESS” to conduct events such as Ad Zap, Mock Ad, Business Model, Mr. and Ms JEFESS Facial Painting Poster Design, Group Dance and Fashion Parade which were designed to bring out the creative, analytical and conceptual skills of the students of undergraduate Engineering and Arts and Science College.
- JEFESS -2011 was organized on 11th March, 2011. More than 200 students participated and won exciting prizes.
- JEFESS-2012 was held on 16th February 2012 in which 450 students from 22 institutions participated in all the events.
The first graduation day was conducted on 28th may 2012 for the batch of MBA (2009-2011). We are honored and privileged to place on record 100% accomplishment of result. We appreciate the sincere effort and hard work of the faculties and students for their achievement.
Entrepreneurship Development Week:
- An Entrepreneurship Development Week from 22nd December to 28th December 2011 was celebrated in which expertise from TV brothers, Commercial Bank, TIIC, and successful entrepreneurs in Coimbatore were the resource person.
- The second edition of Entrepreneurship Development Week was held between 25th September 2012 and 28th September 2012. The week was inaugurated by Dr.K.Sivakumar, Regional Director i/c, Anna University, Chennai, Coimbatore Region. Resource persons from various financial and service institutions supporting SMEs, like SIDBI, State Bank of India, NABARD, SIDCO, NSIC, PSG STEP, MSME, . As a part of the ED week an intra and inter collegiate business plan completion was held.
CII-Young Indian Student net, Kathir College of Engineering Chapter:
The young Indian student net, Kathir college of Engineering chapter was inaugurated on 28th September 2012 by Mr.K.Pradeep, Chair Education and Student Net, Coimbatore chapter.