- VALUE ADDED COURSE
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2008 with an undergraduate Programme B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering (with Sanctioned intake of 60) and prepares the Graduates to enter a dynamic and rapidly changing field with career opportunities in Electric Power, Power Electronics, Integrated Circuits, Robotics and Control, Microprocessors and The demand for Electrical Power and Electronic Systems is increasing rapidly. Electrical and Electronics Engineering is in great demand to meet the requirement of the growing Industries.
It also runs prominent postgraduate programme M.E (Power electronics & Drives), which started from year 2013 with an intake of 24 students.
“REWORBZ” as per our department name our students have laid their foot prints in all fields, they are glittering stars in this world presenting their excellence & talents.
To Provide Excellent Academic Knowledge and Essential Professional Skills
To provide the academic excellence and to make our student better professionals through research oriented, ethical, social, innovative and industrially collaborating approach.
To impart research oriented ,advanced technical knowledge which will solve the problem of shortage in conventional energy and supplement adequate power generation through one of the most successful renewable energy resources and thorough which industrial growth, economic development of the nation will be accomplished.
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Power Electronics And Drives Laboratory
- Instrumentation And Control Laboratory
- Power System Simulation Laboratory
- Engineering Practices Laboratory
ELECTRICAL MACHINES LAB:
The lab is equipped with the state of the art facilities to learn the different types of electrical machines such as
- Single phase, three phase induction motor
- Single phase, three phase Transformers.
- DC Shunt Motor with Loading Arrangement.
- DC Series Motor with Loading Arrangement.
- DC shunt motor coupled with three phase Alternator
- DC Shunt Motor Coupled with DC Generator.
- DC Shunt Motor Coupled with synchronous Generator
POWER ELECTRONICS LAB:
The lab is provided with amenities to enhance the knowledge of students in the field of Semiconductors.
- Cathode Ray Oscilloscope.
- IGBT based single phase PWM Inverter module.
- IGBT based three phase PWM Inverter module.
- C. phase controller along with lamp.
- Resonant DC-DC converters module with built in power supply and controller.
- IGBT based high switching frequency chopper module with built-in controller.
- SCR & TRIAC based single phase PWM Inverter module.
CONTROL SYSTEMS LAB:
Control systems laboratory comprise of the following machines to help the students practice and understand the concept of Control systems, practically.
- Transfer Function of DC Servo motor with loading facility (Armature and Field controlled).
- Transfer Function of AC Servo Motor with loading facility
- Transfer Function of DC Motor with loading facility
- Transfer Function of DC Generator with load AC and DC position control kit with DC servo motor.
- Stepper motor.
MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATION LAB
- Cathode Ray Oscilloscope.
- Maxwell Bridge set up with Ring specimen.
- Bourdon pressure transducer kit.
- Maxwell’s inductance Capacitance Bridge kit.
- Schering Bridge kit, Kelvin Double bridge kit.
POWER SYSTEM SIMULATION LAB
Simulation is a primary concept for an Engineer to know. The simulation lab allows the wards to learn various simulation package software.
- Personal computers (Pentium-IV, 80GB, 512 MB RAM).
- Laser Printe
- Server (Pentium IV, 80GB, 1GB RAM) (High Speed Processor).
- Software: ETAP-10 licenses.
- Compliers: C, C++, VB, VC++.
- MAT LAB/SIMULINK
VALUE ADDED COURSES
In order to match the gap between Industry and Academics and to accumulate more practical knowledge to the students, along with the academic curriculum the students are imparted with Add on courses that are used in Industries. This will help the students to learn more than their subjects and will also help them for their final year project work. At the end of every course, the students are encouraged to do a mini project. Some of the courses offered are listed below…
|1||PLC Programming||Siemens India Pvt. Ltd.|
|2||PCB Design||Chip craft|
|3||Embedded Systems||S’forge LLP|
|4||C, C++||S’forge LLP|
|5||Simulink with hardware||Real Time Techno Soft Pvt. Ltd.,|
|7||Computer hardware and servicing||S`Forge LLP|
|8||Texas Instruments Analog Teaching Lab||KCARDS|
Training for the Students for PCB Design
Memorandum of understanding (MoU)
EEE Department, Kathir College of Engineering has signed MoU with following companies for implant training.
|2||STEPS Knowledge Services Pvt. Ltd|
|3||Aim Electrical Controls India (P) Ltd|
|6||MAS Solar Systems Pvt. Ltd|
|8||REXON AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRIES|
|9||P .V.GEAR DESIGNERS( ACME PUMPS)|
|10||ELANGO ENGINEERING COMPANY|
|11||RAGAVENDRA CONTROLS PRIVATE LIMITED|